The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- The Floating Press 2014; US$ 3.99
Russian authors such as Pushkin, Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky have long been recognized by critics and readers alike as some of the world's most gifted literary artists. However, their complex prose and weighty philosophical ideas can be overwhelming. This in-depth guide to Russian literature is an invaluable tool for readers who are just beginning... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2002; US$ 43.95
The Routledge Companion to Russian Literature is an engaging and accessible guide to Russian writing of the past thousand years. The volume covers the entire span of Russian literature, from the Middle Ages to the post-Soviet period, and explores all the forms that have made it so famous: poetry, drama and, of course, the Russian novel. A particular... more...
- University of Minnesota Press 1960; US$ 67.50
When Boris Pasternaks Doctor Zhivago was published in Europe and America in 1957 and 1958, the Western world was astonished and elated. But Doctor Zhivago is not the only significant literary work to come out of Soviet Russia recently. During four extrao more...
- Farrar, Straus and Giroux 2010; US$ 16.99
1. In his review of The Possessed for The New York Times , Dwight Garner called the book "crucially and fundamentally . . . an examination of this question: How do we bring our lives closer to our favorite books?" To what extent have you brought your life closer to your favorite books? How did Elif Batuman's literary obsessions bring her closer... more...
- BRILL 2011; US$ 159.00
The monograph explores traditions of expressing the body and sexuality (designated as "silence" and "burlesque") throughout Russia's literary history, with a particular focus on how these traditions affect the literary modernization during the Silver Age (1890-1921) and subsequent émigré writing. more...
- John Benjamins Publishing Company 1993; US$ 165.00
The era of Russian Symbolism (1892-1917) has been called the Silver Age of Russian culture, and even the Second Golden Age. Symbolist authors are among the greatest Russian authors of this century, and their activities helped to foster one of the most significant advances in cultural life (in poetry, prose, music, theater, and painting) that has ever... more...
- John Benjamins Publishing Company 1989; US$ 234.00
This is a collection of psychoanalytical essays on a broad spectrum of well-known Russian authors, such as Puskin, Dostoevsky, Gogol, Belyj, Tjutcev, Axmatova, and Nabokov. The volume includes some reprints, among which a contribution by Sigmund Freud on Dostoevsky and Parricide'. The majority of the contributions are original publications by present-day... more...
- WBG - Wissenschaftliche Buchgesellschaft 2015; US$ 274.72
Der literarische Realismus war in Deutschland zwischen 1848 und 1890 künstlerisch bestimmend. Der vorliegende Band bietet in 12 Originalbeiträgen namhafter Forscher eine komprimierte Charakteristik der Epoche und stellt Autoren und Werke vor. Der Schwerpunkt liegt dabei auf dem Kanon realistischer Erzähler, die bis heute einem größeren Lesepublikum... more...