The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,508,729 members ⚫ 2,065,349 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Emerald Group Publishing Limited 2009; US$ 120.99
This is a challenging time to be an academic with an interest in either the economy or the environment: we are being deluged with an over-supply of bad news. From the evidence of accelerating climate change to the increasingly desperate policies of fiscal stimulus and quantitative easing it is difficult enough to keep up with... more...
- Emerald Group Publishing Limited 2012; US$ 120.99
This book, the first in its field, provides an internationally grounded and critical review of grassroots sustainability enterprises, specifically focusing on the processes that lead to their formation, the governing context that shapes their evolution, the benefits they create and the challenges that they face in different contexts. more...
- Henry Holt and Co. 2000; US$ 8.99
Soil contamination...public lands...surface and groundwater pollution...coastal erosion...global warming. Have we reached the limits of this planet's ability to provide for us? If so, what can we do about it? These vital questions are addressed by Jill Schneiderman in The Earth Around Us , a unique collection of thirty-one essays by a diverse... more...
- Random House Struik 2012; US$ 13.00
Extreme Environment promises to provoke fresh ? and spirited ? debate about the modern environmental movement and the many ways in which environmentalism, media, economics, public policy and the politics of liberty intersect. Using a wide range of examples, from ?fracking?, nuclear accidents and oil spills to food additives and agricultural chemicals,... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2012; US$ 49.95
Over the past ten years, innovative technologies have shown that advanced oxidation processes are highly promising when applied to the remediation of polluted water or wastewater as they don?t generate any sludge or solid material of hazardous nature. Advances in Ultrasound Technology for Environmental Remediation reviews the fundamentals of ultrasound... more...
- Penguin Books Ltd 2012; US$ 3.18
The former leader of the Australian Greens, Bob Brown has long been one of Australia's most influential and admired environmental thinkers. Here he outlines the importance of a global, humane approach to the issue of overpopulation. At once compassionate, intelligent and straightforward, this is a valuable and significant extract from Brown's memoir,... more...
- IOS Press 2013; US$ 94.00
Coastal areas have traditionally been an attractive place for people to live, but if these areas are low-lying, they are also prone to flooding. In the Netherlands, half of the population lives in coastal areas below mean sea level. Dunes are the primary sea defense along most of the Dutch coastline, and the envisaged protection level of this densely... more...
- Government Institutes 2006; US$ 114.99
Designed for both professional and student use, the new Second Edition includes recent improvements in the application of new technologies and materials on the environment. It also places greater emphasis on the three environmental media of air, water, and soil and discusses how technology can be used to mitigate contamination of all three. more...
- VS Verlag für Sozialwissenschaften 2013; Not Available
1. Einführung.- 1.1 Grundfragen einer Geschichte der Umweltpolitik.- 1.1.1 Begründung einer Geschichte der Umweltpolitik.- 1.1.2 Grundsätzliche Überlegungen: der Begriff ?Umwelt?.- 1.1.3 Umweltschutzkonzepte: ökologisches und technisches Prinzip.- 1.1.4 Methodische Probleme der Untersuchung.- 1.2 Das Verhältnis von Natur und Gesellschaft.- 1.2.1 Das... more...
- Vieweg+Teubner Verlag 2013; US$ 44.99
1. Einleitung.- 2. Die Gasgesetze.- 2.1. Einheiten für Temperatur und Druck.- 2.2. Die allgemeine Gaszustandsgleichung.- 2.3. Die allgemeine Gaszustandsgleichung für Gasmischungen.- 2.4. Die meteorologischen Elemente.- 3. Die Strahlung.- 3.1. Definitionen und Einheiten.- 3.2. Die Temperaturstrahlung.- 3.3. Die Sonnenstrahlung.- 3.3.1. Das Spektrum... more...