The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
- Taylor and Francis 2009; US$ 43.95
The greatest challenge of our time is to build a world based on the sustainable use of renewable power. Our massive dependence on fossil fuels has upset the very climatic system that made human evolution possible. The global economy and its financial system are in jeopardy, running hot on overtly cheap yet increasingly costly and fast depleting oil.... more...
- Elsevier Science 2009; US$ 600.00
This book contains the proceedings of the 10e of a series of international symposia on process systems engineering (PSE) initiated in 1982. The special focus of PSE09 is how PSE methods can support sustainable resource systems and emerging technologies in the areas of green engineering. * Contains fully searchable CD of all printed contributions... more...
- Elsevier Science 1996; US$ 795.00
These proceedings contain 145 papers - 7 plenary lectures and 138 submitted papers selected for oral presentation. The plenary lectures include five overviews of vital research areas by highly respected researchers and two overviews of advances in the science and technology of catalysis made during the last 40 years. The first group explores the forces... more...
- Elsevier Science 2012; US$ 630.00
While the PSE community continues its focus on understanding, synthesizing, modeling, designing, simulating, analyzing, diagnosing, operating, controlling, managing, and optimizing a host of chemical and related industries using the systems approach, the boundaries of PSE research have expanded considerably over the years. While early PSE research... more...
- Elsevier Science 2003; US$ 315.00
The meeting was organized by a local university committee and 205 delegates from 35 countries took part. European participation was low due to the economic crisis experienced by national air lines. During the conference, the AIPEA medals were awarded to Gerhard Lagaly and Tom Pinnavaia. This volume of the Conference Proceedings contains 85 out of... more...
- World Scientific Publishing Company 2007; US$ 255.00
New and renewable energy systems will play an important role in the sustainable development of a future energy strategy. Recent development in this field has proved that the virtual energy system including new and renewable energy sources is feasible. The promotion of renewable sources of energy is a high priority, for security and diversification... more...
- Elsevier Science 2004; US$ 530.00
* Clear and concise, information is analysed and presented in both a resource-by-resource and country-by-country approach * Comprehensive, the outlook for seventeen energy resources including all major fossil and renewable resources is evaluated * Free CD-Rom will help electronic navigation of this comprehensive resource The Survey of Energy Resources... more...
- World Bank Publications 2009; US$ 14.99
The Annual Review of Development Effectiveness 2009 presents evidence on the World Banks efforts in two areas. Part I tracks the outcomes of Bank projects and country programs and the evolution of monitoring and evaluation (M&E). Part II examines the Banks support for environmentally sustainable development compatible with economic growth... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2014; US$ 269.95
- Taylor and Francis 2014; US$ 460.00