The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
- Springer US 2012; US$ 99.00
1. Paleobiology of the Precambrian: The Age of Blue-Green Algae.- Morphology and Classification of Cyanophytes.- Assessment of the Cyanophytic Fossil Record.- Quantity of Fossil Evidence.- Quality and Geological Distribution of Fossil Evidence.- Conclusions.- Origin of Blue-Green Algae.- Mode of Origin.- Paleobiological Evidence.- Phylogeny of the... more...
- Springer US 2012; US$ 99.00
Historical Introduction: A. I. Oparin and the Origin of Life.- Chapters in Honor of ?Proiskhozhdenie Zhizni? and A. I, Oparin.- Protein Structure and the Molecular Evolution of Biological Energy Conversion.- Condensation Reactions of Lysine in the Presence of Polyadenylic Acid.- Considerations of the Origin of Spontaneous Mutations.- Pre-Enzymic Emergence... more...
- Springer New York 2012; US$ 209.00
This book explores the emerging field of evolutionary systems biology, which views classical systems biology questions in an evolutionary framework, for example by combining molecular biology models and evolutionary simulations to yield more detailed hypotheses. more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2012; US$ 129.00
In 1963, 1965 and 1967 "Symposia on Quantitative Biology of Metabolism" were organized on the pretty island of Helgoland (Biologische Anstalt) by me in col laboration with O. KINNE and F. KROGER. Unfortunately this worthy approach towards bringing together interested scholars in a regular way ceased, mainly for financial reasons, although the need... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2008; US$ 239.00
The richly fossiliferous Neogene stratigraphic sections of the Dominican Republic serve as one of only a few geological research systems in the world where morphological stasis and punctuated speciation have been investigated in multiple lineages. This research system provides unprecedented opportunities for comparative studies of evolutionary stasis... more...
- Springer New York 2010; US$ 289.00
Current Ornithology publishes authoritative, up-to-date, scholarly reviews of topics culled from the full range of current research in avian biology. They cross the spectrum from the molecular level of organization to population biology and community ecology. more...
- Springer New York 2012; US$ 249.00
This book provides a picture as complete as possible of the current state of knowledge of sensory systems in nature, from a point of view at the intersection of evolutionary biology, cell and molecular biology, physiology and genetics. more...
- Springer Netherlands 2012; US$ 139.00
This book celebrates the contributions of Dr. Eugene Gaffney to the study of turtles, through a diverse collection of papers showcasing current research on one of the most intriguing groups of reptiles. Covers archeology, disease, genetic variation and more. more...
- Springer New York 2013; US$ 149.00
This book collects significant lectures from two Galapagos Summits on Evolution, promoting comprehensive research on evolution and ecology and to make the research results available to students and teachers everywhere, especially in developing countries. more...
- Springer Netherlands 2013; US$ 139.00
This book showcases the full breadth of contemporary research on non-mammalian synapsids, ranging from taxonomy and phylogenetics to functional morphology, biogeography, paleoecology and patterns of diversity. more...