The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
- Springer Netherlands 2008; US$ 239.00
New and unpublished results from the ASOF project First attempt to describe the changing Subarctic Seas as a complete unit Benchmark for the International Polar Year (IPY) and the efforts in understanding Arctic rapid change Editors and leading authors are world experts in the field more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2012; US$ 179.00
Mass movements of terrain, including cliff collapses and landslides, can be disastrous. This volume shows how the latest developments in geoinformation technology, including data modeling and remote sensing, can help to predict movement in advance. more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2012; US$ 289.00
The South Atlantic plays a critical role in the couplingofoceanic processes between the Antarctic and the lower latitudes. The Antarctic Ocean, along with the adjacent southern seas, is of substantial importance for global climate and for the distributionofwater masses because itprovides large regions ofthe world ocean with intermediate and bottom... more...
- Springer New York 2010; US$ 219.00
Contains contributions from academic and industry experts in the fields of psychology, engineering, human factors, and computer science No other title covers current advances in night-vision simulation and high resolution projection Describes the manufacture and evaluation of ultra-high resolution displays to provide unprecedented pixel density... more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2010; US$ 209.00
One of the main objectives of nature conservation in Europe is to protect valuable cultural landscapes characterized by a mixture of open habitats and hedges, trees and patchy woodland (semi-open landscapes).The development of these landscapes during the past decades has been characterized by an ongoing intensification of land use on the one hand,... more...
- Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2012; US$ 29.95
Dieser Band versammelt Beiträge von AutorInnen aus der Humangeographie und Soziologie und versteht sich als Beitrag zur raumbezogenen Qualitativen Sozialforschung, der in kritischer Reflexion auf den spatial turn die soziale Welt erforscht und interpretiert. Einer schlagwortartig vorgebrachten Renaissance des Raumes in den Sozial- und Kulturwissenschaften... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2007; US$ 269.00
* The book is a remarkable treatment of both fossil and living forms of cephalopods, with the aim of presenting the wide diversity. * Highlights include new evidence for the existence of an ink sac in fossil ammonoids, a biogeographic study of clymeniid ammonoids throughout the world, and an in-depth study of octopus ecology in Alaska. ... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2009; US$ 209.00
This book describes all components of a digital airborne camera from the object to be imaged to the mass memory device. So the image quality influencing processes in the nature are described, as for instance the reflection of the electromagnetic sun spectrum at the objects to be imaged and the influence of the atmosphere. Also, the essential features... more...