The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,603,993 members ⚫ 1,165,375 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2012; US$ 99.00
This text is based on lectures given by the authors to students of the Physico Technical Institute in Moscow in the course of many years. Teaching mechan ics of continuous media to students in physics has some specific features. Un fortunately, the students rarely have enough time for this branch of science. Over a comparatively short period of... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2012; Not Available
South Africa - a land of paradigm shifts. A land where we are willing to leave behind the old, to bravely accept the new. What do we need to exit the dark ages in the morphology of galaxies? How prevalent is the cherishing of old concepts? Traditional morphology has been `mask-oriented', focusing on masks of dust and gas which may constitute only... more...
- Springer New York 2012; US$ 109.00
This book is based on lecture notes of the late Professor de Veubeke. The subject is presented at a level suitable for graduate students in engineering, physics, or mathematics. Some exposure to linear algebra, complex analysis, variational calculus, or basic continuum mechanics would be helpful. The first third of the book contains the fundamentals... more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2013; US$ 54.99
Der vorliegende Band ist der erste Teil der Niederschrift eines Physikkurses, der di'e grundlegenden experimentellen Befunde und die theoretischen Methoden zur Beschreibung und zum Verständnis der Phänomene und ihrer Gesetzmäßigkeiten gleichgewichtig behandelt. Entsprechend dieser Zielsetzung ist der Kurs ge meinsam von einem experimentellen und einem... more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2012; US$ 129.00
This monograph is based on a graduate course, Mechanical Engipeering 266, which was developed over a number of years at the University of California-Berkeley. Shorter versions of the course were given at the University of Paris VI in 1969, and at the University of Paris XI in 1972. The course was originally presented as the last of a three quarter... more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2013; US$ 129.00
The study of stability aims at understanding the abrupt changes which are observed in fluid motions as the external parameters are varied. It is a demanding study, far from full grown"whose most interesting conclusions are recent. I have written a detailed account of those parts of the recent theory which I regard as established. Acknowledgements I... more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2012; US$ 109.00
1. We begin by giving a simple example of a partial differential inequality that occurs in an elementary physics problem. We consider a fluid with pressure u(x, t) at the point x at the instant t that 3 occupies a region Q oflR bounded by a membrane r of negligible thickness that, however, is semi-permeable, i. e., a membrane that permits the fluid... more...