The Leading eBooks Store Online
3,693,353 members ⚫ 1,195,028 ebooks
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Wiley 2016; US$ 78.50 US$ 68.03
Hydrometeorology presents an introduction to relevant topics in the interdisciplinary fields of hydrology and meteorology. This book is one of the few books aiming to provide a balance between aspects of meteorological and hydrological processes. The transfer of energy and water between the land surface and lower atmosphere within the hydrological... more...
- International Monetary Fund 2015; US$ 26.48
Although the future extent and effects of global climate change remain uncertain, the expected damages are not zero, and risks of serious environmental and macroeconomic consequences rise with increasing atmospheric greenhouse gas concentrations. Despite the uncertainties, reducing emissions now makes sense, and a carbon tax is the simplest, most effective,... more...
- Springer Fachmedien Wiesbaden 2016; US$ 21.03
Das in der 2. Auflage erscheinende Lehrbuch zur Geotechnik wurde unter Beibehaltung des praxisbezogenen Konzepts grundlegend überarbeitet. Fragen, Beispiele und Übungsaufgaben unterstützen die Einarbeitung in die Thematik. Unter Berücksichtigung der aktuellen Normung wurden Abschnitte zur Felsmechanik, Bauausführung und zu Schäden im Gründungsbereich... more...
- Apple Academic Press 2016; US$ 159.95
Renewable resources such as wind, solar, and geothermal are often perceived as being the answer to the fossil fuel crisis. Ironically, however, climate change may also negatively impact on these energy sources. All forms of renewable energy are somewhat sensitive to climate variation. This new compendium looks at the impact of renewable resources... more...
- Elsevier Science 2000; US$ 240.00
This book presents a synthesis of the principal environmental characteristics of the Cretaceous in East and South Asia. The research was accomplished under IGCP project 350, which deals with the biological, climatological and physical environments of this region during the Cretaceous. This synthesis discusses aspects of stratigraphy, sedimentology,... more...
- Elsevier Science 1993; US$ 72.95
Cyclostratigraphy is concerned primarily with measuring geological time and the time units used in this approach are sedimentary cycles. Milankovitch cycles mark time intervals of tens of thousands to several millions of years. Such cycles are the result of variations in the Earth's position in relation to the Sun and these in turn determine the climatic... more...
- Random House 2009; US$ 23.96
* Further substantial climate change is unavoidable and the risks to the natural world, the economy and our everyday lives are immense. The way we live in the next thirty years - how we invest, use energy, organise transport and treat forests - will determine whether these risks become realities. * Although poor countries - the least responsible... more...