The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
- Springer Netherlands 2012; US$ 99.00
There remains only the obligation to thank those who have helped me with specific suggestions and the editors who have kindly granted permission to reprint material which first appeared in the pages of their journals. To the former group belong Alan B. Brinkley and Max O. Hocutt Portion of chap ters I and VI were published in Philosophy of Science;... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2012; US$ 99.00
Men of science are sometimes mistrustful of or at least impatient with philosophy. One of them, himself no stranger to hard thought, was one day heard to comment on his colleagues in another faculty and on their propensity to indulge in what he called "all this nonsense about thinking". Against this may perhaps be set a meeting of philosophers who... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2013; US$ 129.00
The first full length discussion of the Berlin Group, this book also re-examines the role of the Vienna Circle in the development of the philosophy of science. Covers the work of Walter Dubislav, Paul Oppenheim, Kurt Grelling and Jacob Friedrich Fries. more...
- Springer Netherlands 2013; US$ 229.00
This book seeks to offer a reflection on what might be meant by philosophy of science in Europe and European philosophy of science, and how awareness of it could assist philosophers interpret and motivate their research through a stronger collective identity. more...
- Springer International Publishing 2013; US$ 179.00
As well as quantifying the telling contribution to the philosophy of science made by the Institute Vienna Circle, founded by Friedrich Stadler in 1991, this book maps the historical and conceptual features of a distinctive European tradition in the discipline. more...
- Springer Netherlands 2013; US$ 179.00
This comprehensive review of the methods used in explaining biology and history provides fresh insights into the debate over mechanisms in the sciences. Specially commissioned essays analyze the profoundly illuminating mutuality of these two core disciplines. more...
- Springer Netherlands 2011; US$ 129.00
2) the globalization of capital has far outstripped the ability of current labor movements, organized at best on a national level, to conduct an effective defense of the interests of labor within capitalism, let alone to seriously challenge the cap italist system. To develop some form-or forms--of international organization of labor, long an ideological... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2010; US$ 269.00
This book tackles two of the oldest and hardest questions in both science and philosophy: ?What is matter?? and ?What is mind?? As the debate rages between idealists and materialists, the volume attempts to find common ground between the two extremes. more...
- Springer International Publishing 2014; US$ 279.00
This volume sheds light on still unexplored issues and raises new questions in the main areas addressed by the philosophy of science. Bringing together selected papers from three main events, the book presents the most advanced scientific results in the field and suggests innovative lines for further investigation. It explores how discussions on several... more...