The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- University of Minnesota Press 2002; US$ 23.00
After the Fire is the story of the poet Paul Zimmer?s journey from his boyhood in Canton, Ohio, and his days as a soldier during atomic tests in the Nevada desert, to his many years as a writer and publisher, and the rural tranquility of his present life. Zimmer juxtaposes timeless rustic subjects with flashbacks to key moments: his first and only... more...
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2014; US$ 16.95
Here is an animated and wonderfully engaging work of cultural history that lays out America?s unruly past by describing the ways in which cutting loose has always been, and still is, an essential part of what it means to be an American. From the time the Pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock, Americans have defied their stodgy rules and hierarchies... more...
- World Trade Press 2010; US$ 28.50
Need to know it all? Our all-inclusive culture report for Angola will get up to speed on all aspects of culture in Angola, including lifecycle, religion, women, superstitions & folklore, sports, holidays & festivals, and etiquette. more...
- Dover Publications 2012; US$ 10.95
The best manual ever produced on rigging a sailing ship, based on extensively revised and updated 1848 edition prepared by Biddlecombe, Master in the Royal Navy. Complete definition of terms, on-shore operations, process of rigging ships, reeving the running rigging and bending sails, rigging brigs, yachts and small vessels, more. 17 plates. more...
- Kuperard 2011; Not Available
For Westerners, the modern state of Azerbaijan may be hard to pinpoint. This small, oil-rich country in the southern Caucasus, on the southwestern shore of the Caspian Sea, only made its way on to the contemporary world map after the dissolution of the Soviet Union in 1991. As the world shrinks and competition for precious resources intensifies, the... more...
- University of California Press 2012; US$ 34.95
Beyond Hummus and Falafel is the story of how food has come to play a central role in how Palestinian citizens of Israel negotiate life and a shared cultural identity within a tense political context. At the household level, Palestinian women govern food culture in the home, replicating tradition and acting as agents of change and modernization,... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 2012; US$ 26.99
Bodies of Evidence: The Practice of Queer Oral History is the first book to provide serious scholarly insight into the methodological practices that shape lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer oral histories. Each chapter pairs an oral history excerpt with an essay in which the oral historian addresses his or her methods and practices. With... more...
- Ebury Publishing 2012; US$ 15.98
- What is the significance of holly at Christmas? - When should you make your figgy pudding? - Why was the Old Lad's Passing Bell rung on Christmas Eve? - And who was Good King Wenceslas? Did you know that, long before turkey arrived on our shores, it was traditional to serve a roasted wild boar's head at Christmas? Or that our Christmases were... more...
- World Trade Press 2010; US$ 7.45
Need to know it all? Our all-inclusive culture report for Cambodia will get up to speed on all aspects of culture in Cambodia, including lifecycle, religion, women, superstitions & folklore, sports, holidays & festivals, and etiquette. more...