The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Random House Publishing Group 2010; US$ 16.00
NOW A NETFLIX ORIGINAL SERIES ? #1† NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER † With a career, a boyfriend, and a loving family, Piper Kerman barely resembles the reckless young woman who delivered a suitcase of drug money ten years before. But that past has caught up with her. Convicted and sentenced to fifteen months at the infamous federal correctional facility... more...
- Hackett Publishing Company, Inc. 2009; US$ 18.50
This volume is designed as a companion to the standard undergraduate mythology textbooks or, when assigned alongside the central Greek and Roman works, as a source-based alternative to those textbooks. more...
- Random House Publishing Group 2011; US$ 7.99
Written without a trace of sentimentality or apology, this is an unforgettable personal story?the truth as a remarkable young woman named Anne Moody lived it. To read her book is to know what it is to have grown up black in Mississippi in the forties an fifties?and to have survived with pride and courage intact. In this now classic autobiography,... more...
- Random House Publishing Group 2003; US$ 16.00
Chapter 1 In the fall of 1995, after resigning from my last academic post, I decided to indulge myself and fulfill a dream. I chose seven of my best and most committed students and invited them to come to my home every Thursday morning to discuss literature. They were all women-to teach a mixed class in the privacy of my home was too risky, even... more...
- Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group 2004; US$ 15.95
1) In the note ?Evils Imminent,? Erik Larson writes ?Beneath the gore and smoke and loam, this book is about the evanescence of life, and why some men choose to fill their brief allotment of time engaging the impossible, others in the manufacture of sorrow? [xi]. What does the book reveal about ?the ineluctable conflict between good and evil?? What... more...
- The Crown Publishing Group 2010; US$ 26.00
Why is it so hard to make lasting changes in our companies, in our communities, and in our own lives? The primary obstacle is a conflict that?s built into our brains, say Chip and Dan Heath, authors of the critically acclaimed bestseller† Made to Stick . Psychologists have discovered that our minds are ruled by two different systems?the rational... more...
- HarperCollins 2014; US$ 14.99
The New York Times bestselling Freakonomics changed the way we see the world, exposing the hidden side of just about everything. Then came SuperFreakonomics , a documentary film, an award-winning podcast, and more. Now, with Think Like a Freak , Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner have written their most revolutionary book yet. With their... more...
- Random House Publishing Group 2014; US$ 17.00
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER ? NAMED ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE YEAR BY THE WASHINGTON POST, †NPR, AND KIRKUS REVIEWS A scathing portrait of an urgent new American crisis † Over the last two decades, America has been falling deeper and deeper into a statistical mystery: † Poverty goes up. Crime goes down. The prison population doubles.... more...
- Penguin Books Ltd 2013; US$ 14.38
In the first in a new series of easily digestible, commute-lengthbooks of original philosophy, renowned thinker John D. Caputo explores the many notions of 'truth', and what it really means Riding to work in the morning has has become commonplace. We ride everywhere. Physicians and public health officials plead with us to get out and walk, to... more...