The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- International Labour Office 2003; US$ 5.00
Examines the effects of awareness-raising programmes at different levels of education on the promotion of self-employment and entrepreneurship as career options for young people entering the labour market. Provides examples of programmes in developed, developing and transition countries, highlighting partnership arrangements among government agencies,... more...
- International Labour Office 2004; US$ 5.00
Comprises short descriptions of 166 current and recently completed programmes for entrepreneurship education. Covers programmes in secondary schools, technical and vocation education and universities as well as programmes outside formal education. Includes descriptions of training packages available for distance learning. more...
- Springer 2013; US$ 49.95
Vorliegende Untersuchung kann verdeutlichen, dass sich die betrachteten Untergruppen (soziale Schicht, Migrationshintergrund, Geschlecht) hinsichtlich der Wirkstrukturen zur Erklärung der Lesekompetenz unterscheiden. Obwohl die Steigerung der bekannten Faktoren - wie beispielsweise der Lesemotivation - allen Schülerinnen und Schülern... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 1991; US$ 22.99
1. Introduction: Hypotheses and Theories. PART I: High-Risk Behavior. 2. The Setting: A Description of Adolescents in the United States. 3. Prevalence of Delinquency. 4. Prevalence of Substance Abuse. 5. Prevalence of Adolescent Pregnancy. 6. Prevalence of School Failure. 7. The Overlap in High-Risk Behaviors. PART II: Prevention Interventions. 8.... more...
- Search Institute Press 2008; US$ 23.95
Educators, mentors, congregational leaders, counselors, and other youth-serving professionals will find the tools they need to help young people with personal, familial, social, or cultural adversities in this resource. Specific crises are addressed, including youths who physically harm themselves, parents who are chemically dependent, abusive dating... more...
- Policy Press 2011; US$ 42.95
This topical book takes a critical look at contemporary governance theory, arguing that there are structural impediments to achieving an ideology of networks and reconsidering it from Marxist and Gramscian perspectives. more...
- International Labour Office 2010; US$ 32.00
The ILO Summit on the Global Jobs Crisis was held on 15-17 June 2009 in Geneva, in response to the financial crisis and its grave impact on global unemployment, poverty and inequality. Addressed by Heads of State and Government, Vice-Presidents, Ministers and leaders of workers' and employers' organizations from around the world, the Summit... more...
- Port Campbell Press 2011; US$ 12.99
Many years later when I asked how she felt when the doll was accidentally smashed she replied "I could have killed you". She meant it. Six decades on she still had not forgiven me. Karen Laura-Lee Wilson's memoir is a detailed and gut-wrenching account of her first twenty-five years growing up in a sole-parent family with a narcissistic... more...