The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
- Taylor and Francis 2014; US$ 29.95
When men are abused, everybody suffers. This courageous book exposes a dark secret: Men are often victims of abuse. Although a great deal of attention has recently been paid to the victimization of women, the role of men as victims--not just perpetrators--has been neglected. The Abuse of Men reveals the impact of physical, sexual, and emotional trauma... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 60.95
Addiction, Assessment, and Treatment with Adolescents, Adults, and Families examines addiction topics ranging from prevention to relapse, offering effective intervention techniques and assessment tools to ensure delivery of the best possible service to clients who represent a variety of populations and mental health issues. Leading addiction researchers... more...
- Oxford University Press, USA 1991; US$ 22.99
1. Introduction: Hypotheses and Theories. PART I: High-Risk Behavior. 2. The Setting: A Description of Adolescents in the United States. 3. Prevalence of Delinquency. 4. Prevalence of Substance Abuse. 5. Prevalence of Adolescent Pregnancy. 6. Prevalence of School Failure. 7. The Overlap in High-Risk Behaviors. PART II: Prevention Interventions. 8.... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2012; US$ 50.95
This path-breaking book brings together an international list of contributors to collectively articulate a vision for the field of youth work, sharing what they have learned from decades of experience in the training and education of youth workers. more...
- SAGE Publications 2007; US$ 133.00
Scientific research and science-guided practice based on the promotion of an individual's strengths constitutes a radical shift in a new and growing area of study within the field of human development. Its trademark term is `positive youth development'. This approach to human development is based on the idea that, in addition to preventing problems,... more...
- Springer 2007; US$ 109.00
Introduces solutions based in the children's mental health and resilience literature and in the hypothesis that humans are "hardwired to connect." The coverage in this book offers insights and evidence to the nature/nurture debate from developmental, attachment, neurobiological, spiritual, and community perspectives. more...
- Taylor and Francis 2006; US$ 51.95
First Published in 2006. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company. more...
- The Doubleday Religious Publishing Group 2008; US$ 13.99
Cross Over Troubled Waters Hope is like the stars?always there, yet shining brightest in the blackest of nights. It is like the dawn, always rising anew. Hope is for everyone, and that includes you. This collection of more than twenty true stories from a ranch of rescued dreams unveils the heart of true strength and the character of genuine courage.... more...
- Policy Press 2011; US$ 42.95
This topical book takes a critical look at contemporary governance theory, arguing that there are structural impediments to achieving an ideology of networks and reconsidering it from Marxist and Gramscian perspectives. more...
- Random House Publishing Group 2010; US$ 15.95
New Yorker writer William Finnegan spent time with families in four communities across America and became an intimate observer of the lives he reveals in these beautifully rendered portraits: a fifteen-year-old drug dealer in blighted New Haven, Connecticut; a sleepy Texas town transformed by crack; Mexican American teenagers in Washington State, unable... more...