The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Elsevier Science 2001; US$ 315.00
This thorough and informative volume presents a set of detailed, globally applicable techniques for seagrass research. The book provides methods for all aspects of seagrass science from basic plant collection to statistical approaches and investigations of plant-animal interaction. The emphasis is on methods that are applicable in both developing... more...
- Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG 2006; US$ 359.00
The successful long-term sustainable management of forests is dependent on our knowledge of their history, present state, and responses to changing environmental conditions. In this light, the text evaluates the Nordic mountain birch ecosystem with examples from different sites in the Nordic countries and Scotland.The authors analyse vegetation and... more...
- CRC Press 2007; US$ 194.95
... a wealth of information of exemplary quality and quantity .... The presentation of its contents alone takes up seven pages. The authors have compiled an in-depth account of a rather unique plant species. ... the author's own extensive bibliography of more than 2,000 references ... is representative for the level of detail and the wealth of information... more...
- CRC Press 1999; US$ 172.95
Introduction Section I: Ecology and Physiology Establishing Light Requirements for the Seagrass Thalassia testudinum: An Example from Tampa Bay, Florida (USA) Somatic, Respiratory, and Photosynthetic responses of the Seagrass Halodule wrightii to Light Reduction in Tampa Bay, Including a Whole Plant Carbon Budget The Effects of Dock Height on Light... more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2008; US$ 399.00
1. 1 Philosophy and Aims of this Book 1. 1. 1 The Large Solanales Families as a Topic Solanales are from the Mid-Cretaceous (stem node age: 106 my; crown node age: 100 my) (Bremer et al. 2004). Solanaceae and Convolvulaceae are sisters represe- ing the two large families of this order. Their last common ancestor lived about 70 my ago (Durbin et al.... more...
- Springer Berlin Heidelberg 2007; US$ 159.00
As employed here the term grass applies only to species included in the Poaceae, one of the largest families of flowering plants. However, the word is often applied to any herbaceous plant with long, narrow leaves. A similar view was adopted by the Ancients. The Greeks applied the words poa, poe and agrostis to herbaceous plants in general and the... more...
- Springer Netherlands 2009; US$ 369.00
The author is one of the greatest botanists of the 20 th century The book presents his most recent last views and understanding of plant evolution The author has a very wide following Young scientists/students will appreciate the opportunity to learn author?s views Young scientists/students will see how Takhtajan?s system is used by other... more...
- Utah State University Press 2009; US$ 62.95
Grasses of the Intermountain Region is a modification of the two grass volumes of the Flora of North America (FNA). It is designed for identifying members of the Poaceae in the region between the Sierra Nevada and Rocky Mountains, and is intended for use by botanists working with the grasses in this intermountain region of North America. The reduction... more...