The Leading eBooks Store Online
for Kindle Fire, Apple, Android, Nook, Kobo, PC, Mac, BlackBerry...
New to eBooks.com?Learn more
- Bestsellers - This Week
- Foreign Language Study
- Bestsellers - Last 6 months
- Graphic Books
- Health & Fitness
- Political Science
- Biography & Autobiography
- Psychology & Psychiatry
- Body Mind & Spirit
- House & Home
- Business & Economics
- Children's & Young Adult Fiction
- Juvenile Nonfiction
- Language Arts & Disciplines
- Crafts & Hobbies
- Science Fiction
- Current Events
- Literary Collections
- Literary Criticism
- Literary Fiction
- Social Science
- The Environment
- Sports & Recreation
- Family & Relationships
- Study Aids
- Folklore & Mythology
- Food and Wine
- Performing Arts
- True Crime
- Foreign Language Books
Most popular at the top
- Taylor and Francis 2012; US$ 72.95
A pioneer choreographer in modern American dance, Anna Sokolow has led a bewildering, active international life. Her meticulous biographer Larry Warren once looked up Anna Sokolow in a few reference books and found that she was born in three different years and that her parents were from Poland except when they were in Russia, and found many other... more...
- Palgrave Macmillan 2012; US$ 95.00
Dance theatre has become a site of transformation in the Irish performance landscape. This book conducts a socio-political and cultural reading of dance theatre practice in Ireland from Yeats' dance plays at the start of the 20th century to Celtic-Tiger-era works of Fabulous Beast Dance Theatre and CoisCéim Dance Theatre at the start of the 21st. more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 40.00
Jose Limn is universally recognized as one of the most important modern dancers of the 20th century. His technique is still taught at major colleges and dance schools; his dance company continues to revive his works, plus presents new works. His most famous work, The Moor's Pavanne, has been presented around the world by ballet and modern dance companies. ... more...
- Cooper Square Press 2002; US$ 17.99
Tap dance innovators and stars Harold and Fayard Nicholas are the focus of this biography that not only tells of their performances with Duke Ellington and Cab Calloway and their many appearances in films, but also examines their choreographic contributions to the art form of tap. more...
- McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers 2013; US$ 45.00
The story of this groundbreaking summer dance program is told through the voices of staff, faculty, and students. Administrative director Mary Josephine Shelly's previously unpublished writings form a key summary of eight of the nine summer sessions. The Bennington School of the Dance held classes from 1934 through 1942 at Bennington College in Vermont,... more...
- John Blake 2013; US$ 14.99
Daria Klimentová has been one of Britain?s best-loved ballerinas for two decades, having danced at the Scottish Ballet and then as a Principal and Senior Principal at English National Ballet. Daria was born in former Czechoslovakia and lived under the rule of the Soviet Union until the Velvet Revolution of 1989. She initially trained as a young member... more...
- Taylor and Francis 2013; US$ 54.95
* Score, photographs, and production details of one of this century's best-loved ballets * Includes rare archival material * Packaged with audio CD This work brings together the complete dance score of The Green Table--one of the most famous ballets of the 20th century--in Labanotation, along with music notation for the piano accompaniment and a complete... more...
- Parkstone International 2013; US$ 5.00
Auguste Macke (1887-1914) est un maître de l?expressionnisme allemand, un mouvement qui s?est développé au début des années 1900. Les expressionnistes voulaient utiliser l?art pour dépeindre les émotions davantage que les choses matérielles et la réalité, en insistant particulièrement sur les idées noires, la tragédie et l?« Angst », l?angoisse. Macke... more...