Much has changed on the security landscape since the last edition of this book was published in 2000. Today’s security personnel face greater demands than ever before and are expected to be more highly trained and educated. Updated to reflect the heightened security climate of the current age, Protection, Security, and Safeguards: Practical Approaches and Perspectives, Second Edition offers a critical survey of the field, introduces proven procedures, and explores the latest advances for security practitioners.
Highlights of the book include:
- Psychological perspectives on security issues
- The professional requirements of security officers and executive protection agents
- Case studies of unusual security scenarios
- Guidance on performing a threat assessment under immediate situations
- Workplace violence prevention and response programs
- The role of security consultants
- Defensive tactics for protecting clients and personal self-defense
- Residence security, airline security, corporate investigations, and motorcade procedures
- Real stories from K-9 handlers
- Safeguards against identity theft and counterfeiting
- Tips on getting hired as a security professional
Edited by a former U.S. Secret Service Agent, the book includes contributions from professionals in all walks of the security industry. The diverse array of topics in this volume provide a scintillating view of the challenging field of security and the people who make up today’s security workforce.
CRC Press; November 2012
- ISBN 9781439869543
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: Protection, Security, and Safeguards
- Author: Dale L. June (ed.)
Imprint: CRC Press
About The Author
Dale L. June is a former U.S. Secret Service Agent assigned to the Presidential Protective Division at the White House with four presidents. He was also assigned to the Sacramento and San Diego field offices. He is a former military policeman and member of a military honor guard (110th Military Police Platoon, Stuttgart, Germany). He was also a police officer in Redding and Sacramento, California and a U.S. Customs Intelligence Research Specialist. He has worked directly with executives of multinational corporations, VIPs, political figures, royalty, and celebrities and liaised with law enforcement, fire department, and medical personnel, as well as international law enforcement agency personnel.