200 Essential Preschool Activities promotes children's learning, helps improve their functional skills, and encourages interaction in the classroom. This resource provides preschool, pre-kindergarten, and student teachers with an abundance of developmentally appropriate lessons, all developed by the author and used in her own classroom for more than fifteen years. These adaptable, open-ended activities and strategies complement any early childhood program's core curriculum.
200 Essential Preschool Activities provides activities for and information on:
- Creative centers, including dramatic play areas and discovery and sensory areas
- Learning games, including turn-taking and board games, academic games, and cooperative and active games
- Group lessons, including circle time, social lessons, hands-on skill builders, and musical games and finger plays
- Arts and crafts, including child-centered expressive art and creative tools and methods
- Classroom structure, including classroom areas and centers and creating learning opportunities
- Parent involvement
Julienne M. Olson has been teaching early childhood special education since 1995. She holds a bachelor's degree in early childhood special education and a master's degree in early childhood special education.