Discover the depth of government information and services available online.
The United States Government Internet Directory serves as a guide to the changing landscape of government information online. The Directory is an indispensable guidebook for anyone who is looking for official U.S. government resources on the Web. The U.S. government's online information is massive and can be difficult to locate. Many government sites are part of the "Deep Web" with content that does not surface or surface easily with even the most popular search engines. It is more important than ever to have a source that serves as an authoritative guide to the federal Web. The United States Government Internet Directory navigates the maze of data and locate the materials that you seek.
The subject-based approach of this book allows you to browse for relevant sites in your field of interest rather than sift through hundreds of search results or try to guess which federal agency to consult. Researchers, business people, teachers, students, and citizens in the United States and around the world can navigate the labyrinthine federal Web with The United States Government Internet Directory.
- contains more than 2,000 Web site records, organized into 20 subject themed chapters
- includes topics on a wide-range of subjects including employment, energy, defense and intelligence, culture and recreation, and much more
- provides descriptions and URLs for each site
- describes sites to help you choose the proper resource
- notes the useful or unique aspects of the site
- lists some of the major government publications hosted on the site
- contains useful, up-to-date organizational charts for the major federal government agencies
- provides a roster of congressional members with member's Web sites
- lists House and Senate Committees with committee URLs
- includes a one-page Quick Guide to the major federal agencies and the leading online library, data source, and finding aid sites
- identifies the major government Web sites related to the global recession and new government economic recovery programs
- contains multiple indexes in the back of the book to help the user locate Web sites by agency, site name, subject, and government publication title
Bernan Press; August 2012
- ISBN 9781598885354
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: The United States Government Internet Directory, 2012
- Author: Shana Hertz Hattis (ed.)
Imprint: Bernan Press
About The Author
Shana Hertz Hattis has worked extensively with government-related sources and information during her career as an editor and analyst. Her experience includes publishing roles with Bernan Associates, Richey International, and other periodical and communications sources.