Written by leading optical phase microscopy experts, this book is a comprehensive reference to phase microscopy and nanoscopy techniques for biomedical applications, including differential interference contrast (DIC) microscopy, phase contrast microscopy, digital holographic microscopy, optical coherence tomography, tomographic phase microscopy, spectral-domain phase detection, and nanoparticle usage for phase nanoscopy
The Editors show biomedical and optical engineers how to use phase microscopy for visualizing unstained specimens, and support the theoretical coverage with applied content and examples on designing systems and interpreting results in bio- and nanoscience applications.
- Provides a comprehensive overview of the principles and techniques of optical phase microscopy and nanoscopy with biomedical applications.
- Tips/advice on building systems and working with advanced imaging biomedical techniques, including interpretation of phase images, and techniques for quantitative analysis based on phase microscopy.
- Interdisciplinary approach that combines optical engineering, nanotechnology, biology and medical aspects of this topic. Each chapter includes practical implementations and worked examples.
Elsevier Science; December 2012
- ISBN 9780124158863
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: Biomedical Optical Phase Microscopy and Nanoscopy
- Author: Natan T. Shaked (ed.); Zeev Zalevsky (ed.); Lisa L Satterwhite (ed.)
Imprint: Academic Press
In The Press
"This interesting and inspiring book is a collection of articles on specific applications in optical imaging of cells and tissues…Phase imaging is understood in a broad sense and related techniques of super-resolution, polarization and optical coherence microscopy are described in a concise but very informative manner."--Optics & Photonics News Online, June 13, 2013
"This book has been structured to be self-contained and therefore useful for researchers and students at all levels who need a cutting edge review of techniques and applications, particularly biological and medical applications."--Reference and Research Book News, December 2012