NEW EDITION, REVISED AND UPDATED
Speak Your Mind Effectively!
The best, most direct way to convey your intelligence, expertise, professionalism, and personality to other people is through talking to them. But most people have no idea what they sound like. And even if they do, they don't think they can change it. It's the Way You Say It is a thorough, nuts-and-bolts guide to becoming aware and taking control of how you communicate with others.
Dr. Carol Fleming provides detailed advice and scores of exercises for
• Understanding how others hear you
• Dealing with specific speech problems
• Varying your vocal patterns to make your speech more dynamic
• Using grammar and vocabulary to increase your clarity and impact
• Reinforcing your message with nonverbal cues
• Conquering stage fright
An entire section of the book focuses on communication issues in the workplace—interviews, presentations, voice mail, and more. Dr. Fleming puts a human face on her advice through vivid before-and-after stories of forty men and women who came to her for help.
Berrett-Koehler Publishers; February 2013
- ISBN 9781609947446
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: It's the Way You Say It
- Author: Carol Fleming
Imprint: Berrett-Koehler Publishers
In The Press
“No other skills will position you ahead of your competition as much as good speaking and presentation skills. No book approaches the depth and breadth of Dr. Carol Fleming's It's the Way You Say It.”
—Patricia Fripp, CSP, CPAE, keynote speaker, executive speech coach, and president of Fripp & Associates