Unconventional Petroleum Geology is the first book of its kind to collectively identify, catalog, and assess the exploration and recovery potential of the Earth's unconventional hydrocarbons. Advances in hydrocarbon technology and petroleum development systems have recently made the exploration of unconventional hydrocarbons—such as shale gas, tight sandstone oil and gas, heavy oil, tar sand, and coalbed methane—the hottest trend in the petroleum industry.
Detailed case studies act as real-world application templates, making the book's concepts immediately practical and useful by exploration geologists. The logical and intuitive three-part approach of systematically identifying an unconventional hydrocarbon, cataloguing its accumulation features, and assessing its exploration and recovery potential can be immediately implemented in the field—anywhere in the world.
- Provides a detailed assessment of the exploration and recovery potential of the full range of unconventional hydrocarbons
- More than 300 illustrations—many in full color—capture the detailed intricacies and associated technological advances in unconventional hydrocarbon exploration
- More than 20 case studies and examples from around the world conclude each chapter and aid in the application of key exploration and recovery techniques
Elsevier Science; December 2012
- ISBN 9780123977861
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: Unconventional Petroleum Geology
- Author: Caineng Zou
In The Press
"The body of the book devotes each chapter to a specific type of petroleum deposit and the extraction techniques: tight-sandstone oil and gas, coalbed methane, shale gas, carbonate-fracture-cavity reservoir, volcanic deposits, deposits in metamorphic rocks, heavy oil and bitumen, and natural gas hydrate. The book includes about twenty real-life case studies."--Reference and Research Book News, August 2013