- Why are 137 of the world’s 500 best female golfers from South Korea?
- How did one athletic club in Jamaica produce most of the world’s best sprinters?
- What’s the reason that the world’s best marathon runners grew up in the same village in Ethiopia?
- What is the secret behind Brazil’s mass production of soccer superstars?
- How has one tennis club in Moscow managed to develop more top tennis players in 10 years than the whole of the United States?
For six months, Rasmus Ankersen travelled around the world visiting these talent gold mines. He talked, trained and lived with the athletes in order to discover what, if anything, they have in common and to attempt to crack the code of developing world-class talent. The result is The Gold Mine Effect, a book that questions all the misconceptions, conventional wisdom and popular theories about talent, hard work, parenting and motivation and looks at how we can apply this knowledge to our own lives.