After providing an introduction to the Perl programming language, this helpful guide teaches computer networking using Perl. Topics discussed include ethernet network analysis, programming standard Internet protocols, and exploring mobile agent programming.
* Each chapter provides a general discussion of the technologies under consideration, the support for programming the technologies as provided by Perl, and implementations of working examples
* Covers Mobile Agent Technology, which is set to become one of the "next big things" on the Internet
* Further information is supplied, including a listing of Web and print resources, programming exercises, and tips to expand the reader's understanding of the material
Wiley; January 2003
- ISBN 9780470849415
- Read online, or download in secure PDF format
- Title: Programming the Network with Perl
- Author: Paul Barry
About The Author
Paul Barry is a lecturer in computing networking at the Institute of Technology in Carlow, Ireland where he regularly teaches undergraduate students and professionals how to program networks using Perl.