This textbook has been designed to provide students with an up-to-date and accessible introduction to the complexities of Italian politics during the 1990s. It will equip students with a sound understanding of the basics of Italian politics and government, and will provide clear and simple insights into the intricacies of Italian political behaviour.
The comprehensive coverage includes:
* an introduction to contemporary history, political geography and economic issues as well as Italian political values and attitudes.
* a section on political behaviour which explores political parties, interest groups and the electoral earthquakes of the 1990s.
* a section on government institutions and their roles, including discussion of the executive, the legislature, the judiciary and the subnational government.
* analysis of Italy's often stormy relationship with the European Union
* an exploration of recent events, such as attempts at institutional reform
Taylor and Francis; September 1999
- ISBN 9781134643691
- Read online, or download in secure EPUB format
- Title: Italy
- Author: Stephen P. Koff