This important new book, the first of its kind in the fire safety field, discusses the economic problems faced by decision-makers in the areas of fire safety and fire precautions. The author considers the theoretical aspects of cost-benefit analysis and other relevant economic problems with practical applications to fire protection systems. Clear examples are included to illustrate these techniques in action.
The work covers:
* the performance and effectiveness of passive fire protection measures such as structural fire resistance and means of escape facilities, and active systems such as sprinklers and detectors
* the importance of educating for better understanding and implementation of fire prevention through publicity campaigns and fire brigade operations
* cost-benefit analysis of fire protection measures and their combinations, taking into account trade-offs between these measures.
The book is essential reading for consultants and academics in construction management, economics and fire safety, as well as for insurance and risk management professionals.
CRC Press; September 1998
- ISBN 9781135818463
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: The Economics of Fire Protection
- Author: Ganapathy Ramachandran