* Provides a comprehensive survey of contemporary thinking in biological, social and cultural anthropology and establishes the interconnections between these three fields.
* Useful cross-references within the text, with full biographical references and suggestions for further reading.
* Carefully illustrated with line drawings and photographs.
'The Companion Encyclopedia of Anthropology is a welcome addition to the reference literature. Bringing together authoritative, incisive and scrupulously edited contributions from some three dozen authors. The book achieves an impressive breadth of coverage of specialist areas.' - Times Higher Educational Supplement
'Recommended for all anthropology collections, especially those in academic libraries.' - Library Journal
'This is a marvellous book and I am very happy to recommend it.' - Reference Reviews
Taylor and Francis; August 2002
- ISBN 9781134976546
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: Companion Encyclopedia of Anthropology
- Author: Tim Ingold (ed.)
In The Press
'Ingold's Companion Encyclopedia deserves to be a lifelong companion for researchers and students who need more than potted information.' - Anthropology Today
'There is no truly comparable work. This book is an essential asset for university and anthropological libraries and a useful addition to any reference library.' - The Year in Reference
About The Author
Tim Ingold is at the University of Manchester.