The most-popular midwifery textbook in the world!
The sixteenth edition of this seminal textbook, Myles Textbook for Midwives, has been extensively revised and restructured to ensure that it reflects current midwifery practice, with an increased focus on topics that are fundamental to midwifery practice today.
- Well illustrated to assist visual learning
- Boxes highlighting significant information to aid study
- Introduction, Aims of the chapter and Conclusion for each chapter
- References, Further Reading and Useful websites to promote further learning
- Glossary of terms and acronyms provide simple definition of more complex terminologies
Additional online resources
- Over 500 multiple-choice questions enable students to test their knowledge
- Unlabelled illustrations help reinforce learning
- Full image bank of illustrations to make study more visual and assist with projects.
- Up-to-date guidance on professional regulation, midwifery supervision, legal and ethical issues, risk management and clinical governance
- Recognises that midwives increasingly care for women with complex health needs, in a multicultural society
- Increases confidence in empowering women to make appropriate choices
- Looks at the dilemmas involved in caring for women with a raised body mass index
- Chapter on optimising care of the perineum for women with perineal trauma, including those who have experienced female genital mutilation
- Additional coverage of basic neonatal resuscitation, to reflect the trend for midwives to carry out the neonatal physiological examination
- Streamlined chapters with similar themes and content, to facilitate learning
- Full colour illustrations now used throughout the book, in response to student feedback.