Business Espionage: Risk, Threats, and Countermeasures provides the best practices needed to protect a company's most sensitive information. It takes a proactive approach, explaining the measures and countermeasures that can be enacted to identify both threats and weaknesses. The text fully explains the threat landscape, showing not only how spies operate, but how they can be detected.
Drawn from the author’s 40 years of experience, this vital resource will give readers a true understanding of the threat of business spying and what businesses can do to protect themselves. It is ideal for use as a tool to educate staff on the seriousness of the threat of business espionage.
- Shows how to identify a company’s threats, weaknesses, and most critical assets
- Provides proven and practical countermeasures that any business can employ to protect their most sensitive assets from both internal and external threats
- Uses real-life case studies and examples to help the reader understand how to apply the tactics discussed
Elsevier Science; March 2015
- ISBN 9780124200593
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: Business Espionage
- Author: CPP Bruce Wimmer
In The Press
"...it links the key practice of security risk management to this critical business issue in today’s global and interconnected environment. As such, it fills a disturbing gap in current writings on the subject."--ASIS Dynamics
"...the losses are substantial and largely under appreciated by complacent corporate and govt. leadership. That's the view of Bruce Wimmer, a practitioner with four decades of experience in protecting the govt. and cos. from business espionage...Wimmer wins with his argument for better security controls to prevent espionage."--Security Letter