The Bartonian Legacy

by A I Scott(ed.) ; P Potier(ed.)
The Bartonian Legacy by A I Scott
US$ 45.00 US$ 40.95
The Bartonian Legacy is a collection of memoirs, reminiscences and biographical details regarding Sir Derek Barton (1918–1998) who was one of the most influential organic chemists of the 20th Century. The chapters are contributed by some of his many students, coworkers and scientific colleagues, all of whom testify to his fascinating character and true genius. It offers intimate glimpses at Sir Derek’s scientific life, his sense of humor and his modus operandi as a teacher of research methods. The volume will serve as a valuable companion work to the more official biographies and obituaries, several of which have already been published.

Contents: A Reminiscence or Two on Professor Sir Derek Barton, Nobel Laureate (A G M Barrett); Inventing Radical Chain Reactions with Derek Barton at the Institut de Chimie des Substances Naturelles (D Crich); Derek Barton as “Hidden Advisor” (E L Eliel); Derek H R Barton - The Lighter Side (G Stork); Some Memories of My Forty-Five Year Association with Derek Barton (H H Wasserman); A Memoir: Two Years with Derek Barton at Imperial College (1971–1973) (R N Young); Some Personal Recollections of Sir Derek Barton FRS — A Gentleman, a Scholar, and a Very Human Being (W B Motherwell); Professor D H R Barton, My Spiritual Mentor (S Itô); and other papers.

Readership: Students and researchers in organic chemistry and general readers.

World Scientific Publishing Company; January 2001
Title: The Bartonian Legacy
Author: A I Scott; P Potier

1783261595
9781783261598
9781860942464