Vulnerable Populations in the United States

Vulnerable Populations in the United States by Leiyu Shi
US$ 78.00 US$ 70.20
" . . . an excellent primer for undergraduates and graduate students interested in vulnerable populations and health disparities." -- New England Journal of Medicine, July 7, 2005

"I have reviewed a number of books looking for meaningful content to help my students understand and work with vulnerable populations. This is the most comprehensive, yet understandable book on the topic." -- Doody's Reviews, 2005

". . .combines thoughtful, coherent theory with a large amount of information available in a single source. It will prove to be a valuable resource for policymakers, researchers, teachers, and students alike for years to come." -- Journal of the American Medical Association, April 20, 2005

Vulnerable Populations in the United States offers in-depth data on access to care, quality of care, and health status and updates and summarizes what is currently known regarding the pathways and mechanisms linking vulnerability with poor health and health care outcomes. Written by Leiyu Shi and Gregory D. Stevens, this book provides a coherent, well-integrated, general framework for the scientific study of vulnerable populations—a framework that is compatible with the focus of public health policy and the Healthy People initiative. The comprehensive volume Vulnerable Populations in the United States

• Discusses the determinants of vulnerability using a broad framework that includes both social and individual determinants.
  • Portrays the mechanisms whereby vulnerability influences access, quality, and health status.
  • Summarizes the literature and provides empirical evidence of disparities in health care access, quality, and outcome for vulnerable populations.
  • Focuses on influences of individual risk factors and multiple risk factors .
  • Reviews programs currently in place for vulnerable populations.
  • Instructors material available.

Wiley; November 2004
Title: Vulnerable Populations in the United States
Author: Leiyu Shi; Gregory D. Stevens

• Contents
No entry found