Law for Non-Law Students

Law for Non-Law Students by Keith Owens

Law for Non-Law Students is written in a clear and readable style and aims to make the law understandable for readers at undergraduate or comparable level. It explains the practical influences under which the law has been formed,so that the student will be better able to understand why the law has developed in the way that it has.

It gives lots of straightforward examples as to how the law works in practice and aims to equip students with the ability to appraise the effectiveness of the law in a particular circumstance rather than simply providing a list of rules for the student to regurgitate at exam time. The facts of the more important cases are given in some detail to enable the student to appreciate the range of factors which the court may have taken into account in reaching its decision. 

The new edition has been updated to take account of all recent developments, both in relation to statute and to case law. Certain chapters, particularly in the area of sale of goods, have been substantially rewritten and expanded in an attempt to give more detail, while at the same time remaining student-friendly. New chapters on Agency and Negligence have been added. brThis new edition should be suitable for most courses which have a law element.

Taylor and Francis; March 2013
Title: Law for Non-Law Students
Author: Keith Owens

184314400X
9781135338671
9781135338688
9781843144007
9781859416716