Soil Erosion and Conservation
provides a comprehensive treatment of the processes of soil erosion, the methods that can be used for their control, and the issues involved in designing and implementing soil conservation programmes.
Features of the third edition of this internationally recognised textbook include:
- New material on gully erosion, tillage practices, erosion risk assessment, use of erosion models, incentives for farmers and land users, and community approaches to erosion control
- Updated sections on the mechanics of wind erosion, soil erodibility, use of vegetation in erosion control, traditional soil conservation measures, socio-economic issues and the role of government
- Describes the methods used to assess the risk of erosion and predict rates of soil loss
- Outlines the social, economic, political and institutional constraints on implementing soil protection measures
- Covers erosion and its control for agriculture, grazing, forestry, mining land, road banks, pipeline corridors and recreation
- Provides worldwide coverage of the success and failure of erosion control using material from Europe, Africa, Australia, America and Asia
An Instructor manual CD-ROM for this title is available. Please contact our Higher Education team at HigherEducation@wiley.com for more information.
Wiley; February 2009
- ISBN 9781405144674
- Read online, or download in secure PDF format
- Title: Soil Erosion and Conservation
- Author: R. P. C. Morgan
About The Author
Roy Morgan is Emeritus Professor in Soil Erosion Control in the National Soil Resources Institute (NSRI), Cranfield University, UK. He is a founder member and past President of the European Society for Soil Conservation and, before retirement, was the Deputy Director of NSRI. He has some 35 years’ experience in lecturing, research and consultancy on soil erosion, with particular interests in erosion assessment, erosion modelling and the use of vegetation in soil protection. His work has taken him to many countries in Asia, Africa, Latin America and Europe and has involved the design of soil protection measures on farmland, road banks and pipeline corridors.