Reclamation of Contaminated Land

Reclamation of Contaminated Land by C. Paul Nathanail
US$ 187.95 US$ 169.16
Land contamination is of global concern with many of the world’s industries potentially harming the environment and human health. Along with rapidly changing policy and technological developments, this is an interdisciplinary area in which successful contaminated land management depends on the expertise of and interaction between a number of scientific and engineering disciplines.

Reclamation of Contaminated Land takes into account the different groups involved in contaminated land management and offers a flexible learning approach based on practical experience and research. It presents an overview of the general skills and knowledge required, encompassing both general management and regulatory practice and specific land contamination issues.

Divided into two parts, Part I discusses site characterisation and the design of site investigations, and the central role of conceptual models and risk assessment in decision making. Part II discusses how risks from contaminated land are managed and the role of different remediation approaches to achieving this.

This book is of great value for 2nd/3rd/4th year undergraduates and MSc students in Environmental Science, Environmental Technology, Environmental Management, Geography, Geology, Estate and Land Management. It is also key reading for undergraduates and MSc students in Chemical Engineering, Civil & Environmental Engineering and Environmental Chemistry, as well as professional planners and developers, and local authorities.

Wiley; September 2005
Title: Reclamation of Contaminated Land
Author: C. Paul Nathanail; R. Paul Bardos

• Contents
No entry found