Teaching Academic Writing

A Toolkit for Higher Education

Teaching Academic Writing by Caroline Coffin
Not available
Student academic writing is at the heart of teaching and learning in higher education. Students are assessed largely by what they write, and need to learn both general academic conventions as well as disciplinary writing requirements in order to be successful in higher education.
Teaching Academic Writing is a 'toolkit' designed to help higher education lecturers and tutors teach writing to their students. Containing a range of diverse teaching strategies, the book offers both practical activities to help students develop their writing abilities and guidelines to help lecturers and tutors think in more depth about the assessment tasks they set and the feedback they give to students. The authors explore a wide variety of text types, from essays and reflective diaries to research projects and laboratory reports. The book draws on recent research in the fields of academic literacy, second language learning, and linguistics. It is grounded in recent developments such as the increasing diversity of the student body, the use of the Internet, electronic tuition, and issues related to distance learning in an era of increasing globalisation.
Written by experienced teachers of writing, language, and linguistics, Teaching Academic Writing will be of interest to anyone involved in teaching academic writing in higher education.
Taylor and Francis; Read online
Title: Teaching Academic Writing
Author: Caroline Coffin; Mary Jane Curry; Sharon Goodman; Ann Hewings; Theresa Lillis; Joan Swann

0203994892
9780203994894
9780415261357
9781134507306
9781134507320

This edition is not for sale in your country. Here are some titles that might be what you're after...