Your Child's Social and Emotional Well-Being
provides a practical guide full of proven strategies for promoting social and emotional learning (SEL) skills in children aged 4-16.
- A practical guide designed to support parents and education professionals in developing social and emotional skills in children, a form of learning that can be neglected in formal education
- Demonstrates how to foster social and emotional learning (SEL) at home and in the classroom, and shows how parents and professionals can work together for success
- Includes a wealth of exercises for promoting social and emotional wellbeing, along with tips, tools, and coverage of new developments such as computer-assisted instruction
- Written by authors with a wealth of practical and writing experience
Wiley; March 2016
- ISBN 9781118977040
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: Your Child's Social and Emotional Well-Being
- Author: John S. Dacey; Lisa B. Fiore; Steven Brion-Meisels
About The Author
John S. Dacey teaches courses in creativity and human development at the College of Arts and Sciences at Boston College in Chestnut Hill, MA. He also runs a practice as a licensed psychotherapist. He is the author of 14 books on the subjects of anxiety, creativity and human development, including Your Anxious Child (Wiley 2000).
Lisa B. Fiore is Professor and Dean of Faculty in the Graduate School of Education, Lesley University, Cambridge, MA. She is an expert on social and emotional learning, giving workshops and conference presentations, as well as a licensed Early Childhood teacher. Steven Brion-Meisels
(1949-2014) worked in schools for over 40 years teaching and writing about social and emotional development, peace-making, and building democratic classrooms. Among other accomplishments, Steven was a founding and long-time member of the Peaceable Schools and Communities Project and a founding member of the Social-Emotional Alliance of Massachusetts.