Turn natural curiosity into deep, lasting learnings!
Help students transform their playful wonderings into deeper questions about content—and develop the higher-level thinking skills they need for success in school and in life. In this invaluable resource you’ll find simple, yet systematic ways to develop authentic student inquiry that fosters deep learning. This new edition features:
- Updates based on the latest research around inquiry-based teaching
- Examples for K–8 across subject areas
- New emphasis on critical thinking about technologies
- New and updated activities, checklists, templates, and implementation tools
- Alignment with Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards
SAGE Publications; March 2016
- ISBN 9781506340043
- Read online, or download in secure EPUB format
- Title: Why Are School Buses Always Yellow?
- Author: John F. Barell
In The Press
"Why are School Buses Always Yellow? ignited a fire in our school. With only small tweaks to our units, our teachers saw huge differences. The students were so excited and eager to learn. We have continued to build on that success with a focus on inquiry and Barell’s words of wisdom are often quoted during planning sessions."