Critical Analysis of Organizations

Theory, Practice, Revitalization

Critical Analysis of Organizations by Catherine Joan Casey
`Catherine Casey has written an excellent book that provides a lucid and comprehensive critical analysis of organizations.…[It] extends in reach and relevance beyond the specific field of organization studies and the sociology of organizations to encompass broader intellectual developments that have had a significant impact on contemporary sociology and cultural studies' - Barry Smart, Professor of Sociology, University of Portsmouth

`I anticipate that it will prove to be an attractive book in organization studies, industrial sociology and general sociology. I am sure that this will be a book that will make a major impact' - Mike Reed, Professor of Organization Theory, Lancaster University

In this comprehensive and scholarly book, the essential critical strands in organizational analysis are explained. It examines how central traditions have realigned in relation to the challenge of postmodernism and the new reflexive turn in organizational studies.

Judicious, innovative and written with the needs of students in mind, this book offers a renewed and revitalized critical accent in organization studies - one that focuses on existing and emerging social tendencies, contestations and struggles. It will be essential reading for senior students of organization studies and sociology.

SAGE Publications; January 2002
Title: Critical Analysis of Organizations
Author: Catherine Joan Casey

1412931592
9780761959052
9781412931595
9781446225622