Positive Psychology and Change explores how areas of positive psychology such as strengths, flow, and psychological capital can be applied to the everyday challenges of leading a dynamic and adaptive work community, and how collaborative group approaches to transformational change can be combined with a positive mindset to maintain optimism and motivation in an unpredictable working environment.
- Articulates a unique vision for organizational leadership in the 21st century that combines positive psychology, Appreciative Inquiry (AI), and collaborative group technologies
- Focuses on four specific co-creative approaches (Appreciative Inquiry, Open Space, World Café and SimuReal) and the ways in which they surpass traditional methods for organizational change
- Explains the latest theory, research, and practice, and translates it into concrete, actionable ideas for meeting the day-to-day challenges of effective and adaptive leadership and management
- Includes learning features such as boxed text, short case studies, stories, and cartoons
Wiley; March 2016
- ISBN 9781118793848
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: Positive Psychology and Change
- Author: Sarah Lewis
About The Author
Sarah Lewis, an acknowledged expert on positive psychology and Appreciative Inquiry, is Managing Director and Principal Psychologist at Appreciating Change (www.acukltd.com). She is an Associated Fellow of the British Psychological Society and a Principal Member of the Association of Business Psychologists. She is the author of Appreciative Inquiry for Change Management (Second Edition, 2016) and Positive Psychology at Work (Wiley-Blackwell, 2011). Her work is informed by a positive and appreciative view of organizations, and she also has particular expertise in systemic consultation, Open Space, World Café, and SimuReal. She is a frequent presenter at national and international conferences, facilitates large group events and regularly runs workshops on “The Psychology of Change” through the CIPD.