The Legal and Economic Analysis of the WTO/FTA System presents a collation of interdisciplinary studies covering a wide range of issues from WTO dispute settlement issues to trade remedy systems and FTA negotiations. The author applies legal as well as economic rationales and methods to analyze core issues in the world trading system and in doing so, sheds an interesting light on various trade issues. The interdisciplinary analysis on WTO and FTA issues provides a unique opportunity to reconsider many conventional trade topics. For instance, the author shows that third country dumping rarely used in the GATT/WTO system may have a new role with economic incentives in the context of FTAs.Contents:
- Dispute Settlement in the WTO System:
- Understanding Non-litigated Disputes in the WTO Dispute Settlement System
- Korea in the GATT/WTO Dispute Settlement System: Legal Battle for Economic Development
- Practices and Theoretical Foundations of the Trade Remedy System:
- Alternative Approach to Causation Analysis in Trade Remedy Investigations: 'Cost of Production' Test
- Third Country Dumping: Origin, Evolution and Prospect
- Restructuring the WTO Safeguard Mechanism in The WTO Trade Remedy System
- Foe or Friend of GATT Article XXIV: Diversity in Trade Remedy Rules
- Countervailing Duty against China: Opening a Pandora's Box in the WTO System?
- United States — Anti-Dumping Measures on Certain Shrimp and Diamond Sawblades from China: Never Ending Zeroing in the WTO?
- International Decisions: United States — Definitive Anti-Dumping and Countervailing Duties on Certain Products from China
- Interrelation between Trade and Finance:
- Linkages between International Trade and Financial Institutions: IMF, World Bank and WTO
- WTO Disciplines Under the IMF Program: Congruence or Conflict?
- Is the Chinese Exchange-rate Regime 'WTO-legal'?
- Book Review: International Law in Financial Regulation and Monetary Affairs
- Legal and Economic Analysis of Free Trade Agreements:
- Dispute Settlement Systems in Asian FTAs: Issues and Problems
- Analysis of Anti-dumping Use in Free Trade Agreements
- Legal Issues for Korea's "Internal Trade" in the WTO System
Researchers, students, and members of the public who are interested in international trade or economic law, international economics and international political economy.Key Features:
- This collection of the author's work is an invaluable foundation for broadening research scopes and methodological perspectives
- This collection includes insightful pioneering studies on many core trade topics, such as linkage between trade and finance, FTA trade remedy system, non-litigated WTO disputes and countervailing against China