Becoming a teen is an important milestone in every boy’s life. It’s even more important to get answers and advice to the most common health issues boys face from a trusted source. The American Medical Association Boy’s Guide to Becoming a Teen
is filled with invaluable advice to get you ready for the changes you will experience during puberty. Learn about these important topics and more:
- Puberty and what kinds of physical and emotional changes you can expect—from your developing body to your feelings about girls
- The importance of eating the right foods and taking care of your body
- Pimples, acne, and how to properly care for your skin
- Your reproductive system—inside and out
- Thinking about relationships and dealing with new feelings
Wiley; August 2006
- ISBN 9780787985929
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: American Medical Association Boy's Guide to Becoming a Teen
- Author: American Medical Association; Amy B. Middleman (ed.); Kate Gruenwald Pfeifer
About The Author
Amy B. Middleman, MD, MSEd, MPH, is a board-certified Adolescent Medicine specialist and Associate Professor of Pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston. She is a practicing and teaching physician specializing in the care of adolescents at Texas Children's Hospital. In addition to her Doctor of Medicine degree, she has a Master of Science in Education and a Master of Public Health degree.
Kate Gruenwald Pfeifer, LCSW, is a licensed clinical social worker. She has a master's degree in social work from Columbia University as well as a certificate in psychodynamic psychotherapy with children and adolescents from NYU Psychoanalytic Institute.