No other reference offers such an extensive hands-on guide to the most common stored-product pests. Atlas of Stored-Product Insects and Mites includes photographs and summary information for each of the 235 stored product insect species. Summary information includes common names, synonyms for scientific names, records of geographic distribution, suitability of commodities as insect food and commodity infestation, literature citations for life history studies and a list of natural enemies. Similar summary information is provided for 280 species of mites (Acari) reported to be associated with stored products.
The high quality photographs and summary information make this reference essential to the fast and accurate specific identification needed for effective pest management. The authors also cover the tools and information that should be considered when developing a pest management program and provide reference sources for additional information on pest management.
Atlas of Stored-Product Insects and Mites will make solving stored-product pest problems faster and easier making this an essential desk reference for anyone working with stored-product insects or mites.
- High quality color photographs for 235 species of stored product insects
- Common names and synonyms for 235 insect and 280 mite species
- Suitability of 537 commodities as food for 84 stored product insect species
- Summarizes 15,611 infestation records for 1010 commodities reported in the literature
- References for life history studies of insect and mite species
- Geographic distribution of each species
- List of natural enemies
- Discussion of tools and information needed for pest management
An essential reference for:
- Extension personnel
- Food industry sanitarians
- Food industry managers
- Pest management professionals
- Pest management consultants
- Plant quarantine inspectors
- Seed technologists
- Stored-product entomologist
- Stored-product acarologists
- Urban entomologists