Highlighting dynamic developments in polymer synthesis, this book focuses on the chemical techniques to synthesize and characterize biomedically relevant polymers and macromolecules.
• Aids researchers developing polymers and materials for biomedical applications
• Describes biopolymers from a synthetic perspective, which other similar books do not do
• Covers areas that include: cationically-charged macromolecules, pseudo-peptides, polydrugs and prodrugs, controlled radical polymerization, self-assembly, polycondensates, and polymers for surface modification
Wiley; June 2017
- ISBN 9781118967935
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: Polymers for Biomedicine
- Author: Carmen Scholz (ed.)
About The Author
CARMEN SCHOLZ, PhD, is a Professor in the Department of Chemistry at the University of Alabama in Huntsville, where her research concentrates on the synthesis and characterization of biocompatible and biodegradable polymers. She serves on the editorial boards of 3 journals (including Wiley's Polymer International), has published over 70 papers or proceedings, and edited 5 books.