Ethics for Managers
introduces students to the philosophical underpinnings of business ethics and translates this theory into practical terms, demonstrating the moral implications of the decisions managers make. This edition features new material on global ethics, the financial downturn, and ethical sustainability.
New, student-friendly features include:
- Learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter, which provide a roadmap to what is covered and how to use it.
- Cases that demonstrate real-world scenarios, allowing readers to grapple with real moral ambiguity.
- Discussion questions at the end of each chapter, which challenge students to see different moral perspectives and to practice good decision-making.
- A new chapter on international business ethics.
Students of business ethics courses will find this compact, well-organized text a useful tool to understand ethics in the digital age.
Taylor and Francis; June 2016
- ISBN 9781317419365
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: Ethics for Managers
- Author: Joseph Gilbert
In The Press
The Gilbert book is the best on the market for teaching the various ethical theories and then applying them to the real world. The book, taking the approach of a manager in the modern workplace, offers the reader the theoretical means for properly analyzing the kinds of moral dilemmas that they may confront in their careers.
Robert J. Aalberts, The Pennsylvania State University, USA
The second edition of Ethics for Managers is an excellent resource for managers who want to gain a better understanding of ethics to discover how it applies to their daily organizational practices. The book offers guidance to managers wishing to make ethical decisions in a business context.
José-Carlos García-Rosell, University of Lapland, Finland
About The Author
Joseph Gilbert is an Emeritus Associate Professor of Management at the University of Nevada Las Vegas, USA