Pocket-sized and portable, Instant Work-ups: A Clinical Guide to Medicine offers all of the critical information physicians need to know in order to evaluate and diagnose a patient. The content is uniquely presented as a patient would present his or her case: with symptoms and abnormalities, as opposed to a diagnosis. Practical and easy to use, it provides clear work-up plans for the most commonly encountered medical conditions, providing quick, focused guidance with the flexibility to adapt to each unique patient.
- Covers approximately 80 of the most commonly encountered medical conditions.
- Chapters are alphabetically organized by topic for easy reference.
- Topics are presented as a sign, symptom, or abnormal lab reading as a patient would present his or her case.
- Every topic includes a brief background discussion, a list of important related materials, and a detailed list of the next lab or radiographic tests.
- Describes each diagnostic test and includes algorithms for each topic to help guide diagnosis.