Handbook of Generation IV Nuclear Reactors presents information on the current fleet of Nuclear Power Plants (NPPs) with water-cooled reactors (Generation III and III+) (96% of 430 power reactors in the world) that have relatively low thermal efficiencies (within the range of 32 36%) compared to those of modern advanced thermal power plants (combined cycle gas-fired power plants – up to 62% and supercritical pressure coal-fired power plants – up to 55%).
Moreover, thermal efficiency of the current fleet of NPPs with water-cooled reactors cannot be increased significantly without completely different innovative designs, which are Generation IV reactors. Nuclear power is vital for generating electrical energy without carbon emissions.
Complete with the latest research, development, and design, and written by an international team of experts, this handbook is completely dedicated to Generation IV reactors.
- Presents the first comprehensive handbook dedicated entirely to generation IV nuclear reactors
- Reviews the latest trends and developments
- Complete with the latest research, development, and design information in generation IV nuclear reactors
- Written by an international team of experts in the field
Elsevier Science; June 2016
- ISBN 9780081001622
- Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
- Title: Handbook of Generation IV Nuclear Reactors
- Author: Igor Pioro (ed.)
Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
In The Press
"...provides broad international perspective of next generation of nuclear power reactors, combining historical overview of development, research, industrial operating experience, safety assessment, and applications of nuclear energy for sustainable, reliable, and environmentally friendly electricity supply for distant global future...delivers in one place a comprehensive, up-to-date information of interest to wide range of practitioners..." --Journal of Nuclear Engineering and Radiation Science