Exam Board: ISEB
First Teaching: September 2012
First Exam: Autumn 2013
This book provides a wealth of comprehensive practice exercises in the format of the ISEB Common Entrance exam at both Level 1 and 2. A varied selection of texts and poems has been selected to help pupils for the Reading sections of the exam, and there is a large bank of exercises for the Writing sections.
Exam Practice Answers is available to accompany this title.
- Endorsed by Independent School Examination Board (ISEB)
- Features rigorous and realistic exam-style questions in the style of the ISEB Common Entrance exam
- Provides extensive practice and guidance to help pupils achieve top marks
Also available in the English for Common Entrance at 13+ range:
- English for Common Entrance 13+ Revision Guide (ISBN: 9781471875021)
- English for Common Entrance Exam Practice Answers (ISBN: 9781471868993)
Hodder Education; September 2016
- ISBN 9781471868986
- Read online, or download in secure EPUB format
- Title: English for Common Entrance at 13+ Exam Practice Questions
- Author: Amanda Alexander; Rachel Gee
Imprint: Galore Park
About The Author
Amanda Alexander and Rachel Gee have extensive experience in teaching and managing in both state and private schools. They are friends and colleagues and approached Galore Park with publishing ideas as they were frustrated with English text book resources on the market at that time.
They have a wealth of knowledge and considerable expertise in teaching English and preparing children for English at 13+, which they bring to this book. They were the authors of the first edition of English Practice Exercises 13+. In their spare time, they still meet to enjoy a walk and discuss the joys (and maybe some frustrations) of teaching, and life in general.