Become an expert in the innovative containerization tool to unlock new opportunities in the way you use and deploy software
About This Book
- Harness the power of Docker to create a robust and resilient environment in which you can generate portable, composable, scalable, and stable application containers
- Learn the art of container networking with elevated efficiency using Docker
- Better manage Docker containers using expert techniques and methods
- Explore the ways to keep your Docker environment secure
- Master Docker to deploy your applications easily
Who This Book Is For
Whether you are a developer or a sysadmin, or anything in between, this course will give you the guidance you need to use Docker to build, test, and deploy your applications and make them easier, even enjoyable.
What You Will Learn
- Build, push, and publish images on Docker Hub
- Orchestrate multiple containers with Docker Compose
- Test and debug applications inside a Docker container
- Get to know the basics of networking and see how Docker networking works
- Discover the tools built into Docker to gain an insight into your container's performance
- Get the most out of your application and resources with the right implementation of your monitoring method
- Stay up-to-date on Docker-related security issues that arise with its version updates
- Integrate Docker with a wide range of cloud and configuration tools to fully realize its potential
This course will be a smooth journey covering Docker from scratch to finish! By sequentially working through each steps in this course, you will quickly master Docker and be ready to ship your applications without needing to spend sleepless nights for deployment.
Beginning with the Learning Docker module, get yourself familiarized with the fundamentals of Docker. This module would be a step-by-step guide that will walk you through the various features of Docker from Docker software installation to knowing Docker in detail. The aim is to make you fluent with Docker basics.
Youll then dive a little deeper into Docker. The second module, Networking Docker, will show you how to create, deploy, and manage a virtual network for connecting containers spanning single or multiple hosts.
In the third module, Monitoring Docker, you will get to grips with monitoring your Docker apps and containers.
The purpose of our fourth module, Securing Docker, is to provide techniques and enhance your skills to secure Docker containers easily and efficiently.
The final module, Mastering Docker, will help you deploy Docker in production. You will also learn three interesting GUI applications: Shipyard, Panamax, and Tutum.
Style and approach
Get started to learn Docker right from scratch to finish! Covering best practices to make sure you're confident with the basics, such as building, managing, and storing containers, before diving deeper into Docker security, you'll find everything you need to help you extend and integrate Docker in new and innovative ways.