Voted one of the "six best books for data geeks" by The Financial Times. Read the review here.
Lecturers, request your electronic inspection copy.
Never has it been more essential to work in the world of data. Scholars and students need to be able to analyze, design, and curate information into useful tools of communication, insight, and understanding. This book is the starting point in learning the process and skills of data visualization, teaching the concepts and skills of how to present data, and inspiring effective visual design.
Benefits of this book:
- A flexible step-by-step journey that equips you to achieve great data visualization
- A curated collection of classic and contemporary examples, giving illustrations of good and bad practice
- Examples on every page to give creative inspiration
- Illustrations of good and bad practice show you how to critically evaluate and improve your own work
- Advice and experience from the best designers in the field
- Loads of online practical help, checklists, case studies and exercises make this the most comprehensive text available
Data visualization is much more than just data and visuals. Andy understands that successful visualizations emerge from successful processes and myriad well-informed decisions. Getting all the parts right in this interdisciplinary field is a huge challenge; every student and practitioner of data visualisation will benefit from absorbing the vast wisdom captured in this book.