Limits to Parallel Computation

P-Completeness Theory

by Raymond Greenlaw, H. James Hoover,

This book provides a comprehensive analysis of the most important topics in parallel computation. It is written so that it may be used as a self-study guide to the field, and researchers in parallel computing will find it a useful reference for many years to come. The first half of the book consists of an introduction to many fundamental issues in parallel computing. The second half provides lists of P-complete- and open problems. These lists will have lasting value to researchers in both industry and academia. The lists of problems, with their corresponding remarks, the thorough index, and the hundreds of references add to the exceptional value of this resource. While the exciting field of parallel computation continues to expand rapidly, this book serves as a guide to research done through 1994 and also describes the fundamental concepts that new workers will need to know in coming years. It is intended for anyone interested in parallel computing, including senior level undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty, and people in industry. As an essential reference, the book will be needed in all academic libraries.
  • Oxford University Press; April 1995
  • ISBN 9780195358902
  • Read online, or download in secure PDF format
  • Title: Limits to Parallel Computation
  • Author: Raymond Greenlaw; H. James Hoover; Walter L. Ruzzo
  • Imprint: Oxford University Press

In The Press

"This is an excellent book about the classification of computing problems....I am sure that it can be useful as a textbook for students or as basic material for researchers wanting to start some research in this area." --Mathematical Reviews