World War I

A Student Encyclopedia

World War I by Spencer C. Tucker
Featuring a wealth of new information and an extraordinary gallery of images, this five-volume set is the new standard reference for introducing students to World War I.

It was the first war to envelop the globe, born of exploding ethnic tensions and ruthless empire building, fought with devastating new technologies (machine guns, tanks, chemical weapons, air power), and its resolution led to even more destruction consequences. Now there is a new multivolume that brings World War I to your school with just the range, depth, imagery, and impact needed in today's classroom.

World War I: A Student Encyclopedia captures the full scope and lasting impact of its daunting subject, and makes it coherent and relevant to today's students. With coverage that meets the needs of teachers, curriculum specialists, and school districts, and an image-rich presentation filled with superb research reinforcement, it is the new standard student-focused reference to the Great War and to the nations and people whose lives were forever changed by it.

World War I offers over 900 entries (over one million words and hundreds of photos and illustrations), plus a separate volume of official documents, personal correspondence, and additional essays. With this resource, students can follow the marches to the fronts and travel from the councils of military strategy to the corridors of political power to home fronts everywhere, meeting leading historic figures, soldiers in the trenches, and civilians caught up in the struggle. In addition, they can get quick, authoritative help in exploring every possible topic about the war—whether for homework, preparing for exams, or researching special projects.

ABC-CLIO; October 2005
Title: World War I
Author: Spencer C. Tucker

World War I era hand grenade found in woods in Yorkville - Chicago Tribune
Wed, 26 Oct 2016 11:42:07 -0700
Chicago TribuneWorld War I era hand grenade found in woods in YorkvilleChicago TribuneVarious books about World War I refer to ...