Adventure Tourism

by Colin Beard, John Swarbrooke, Suzanne Leckie,

Looking at the past, present and future of adventure tourism, Adventure Tourism: the new frontier examines the product, the adventure tourist profile, and issues such as supply, geography and sustainability. International case studies are used to illustrate these issues, including: Gorilla watching holidays,Trekking on Mount Everest, Diving holidays, and Outward Bound packages.

Analysis of the development and nature of adventure tourism accompanies these studies, ensuring that the title is useful both for undergraduate and postgraduate students of tourism and for professionals involved in managing adventure tourism enterprises.

There is also a companion website with additional cases, which can be found at www.bh/com/companions/0750651865.
  • Taylor and Francis; May 2003
  • ISBN 9781136430633
  • Read online, or download in secure PDF or secure EPUB format
  • Title: Adventure Tourism
  • Author: Colin Beard; John Swarbrooke; Suzanne Leckie; Gill Pomfret
  • Imprint: Routledge

In The Press

"'Adventure Tourism: The new frontier' is an essential introduction to the adventure tourism sector for both tertiary students of tourism and professionals working in the tourism industry, as it offers a unique analysis of this fast expanding niche sector....The book will prove accessible to its non-academic audience, while providng a useful reference and first port of call for those researching in this sector and a textbook for tourism academics teaching undergraduate or postgraduate courses in this area."
-Tim Bentley, Department of International Business Massey, Aukland, New Zealand